Thursday, January 6, 2011

Explanations

So since we have started telling people we are moving the first question everyone asks is Why? I don't know why this bothers me because I'd ask the same thing but it's getting old. Can't I just do something because I want to?! Anyways I decided to post a short explanation of why we are moving and why we chose Florida.

Why move? For probably three or more years now we are constantly saying 'let's move here' or 'let's move there' and neither of us can ever agree on a place to go. Toad always wants to go North which I refuse because I hate the cold! The most ridiculous request he seems to really want has been Alaska-no thank you!! Anyways we both decided that if we want to move out of state (which was the goal) we need to hurry up and do it before the kids start making friends and getting too attached so then the move goes a lot easier on everyone.

We have been staying around here because we felt bad taking the boys away from their families. WE are their most important family though and there is no reason the extended family can't come visit and it's not like we will never make it back to Iowa either. We just felt that we needed to do what we wanted for once instead of following our families wishes.

Neither of us is happy with our jobs. Toad works way too many hours a week and by the time he gets home the boys and I are ready for bed so he has to sit downstairs and eat supper while we get ready for bed and a lot of times we go to bed without him. I hate this because not only does he not get to spend much time with the kids and I, but also because I hate going to bed alone. As for my job-yes I make good money to do nothing but I am soo bored with it that it's not even funny. I was promised a promotion a long time ago and never got anywhere. I can do more than some of the sale's people and they actually come to me with questions, which I find pathetic. Basically we both feel like we are stuck in dead-end jobs we hate so why stay with them if we can start over?

Why Florida? Because I had brought it up before (back to the hating the cold part) and now I have a good friend I met online down there. I said I wanted to move somewhere where I know at least one person in case of emergencies or something so there we go. Yes I know, I met her online how can I trust her? Well sometimes you have to take chances and this one I'm willing to take. We seem to have a lot in common and her son is only 2 days older than Bentley so one of the boys already even has a playmate!

We are both hoping this move will bring our family closer together and make us depend on eachother along with appreciating the small things we do. I know it is taking a huge risk, especially having two kids, but for some reason I am completely calm about it-which I'm hoping is a sign it is the right thing to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment