Thursday, March 17, 2011

What a day!

WARNING: Picture overload on this post!

Earlier this afternoon I planned on blogging tonight with the pictures of our day. It was gorgeous outside so Amber and I took the boys to the park and let them play. Bentley was tired and in turn cranky but Jaxton had tons of fun.
 He loved the swings today!
 One of sweet Bentley looking at me like he wants to know why I put him in that darn thing
 I'm so glad he didn't try climbing any higher than this!


To get Jax to leave the park without too huge of a fit I bribed him with playing basketball outside when we got home and of course I kept my camera on me then too:) I'm actually proud of myself because I shot in manual the entire time we were outside. Usually I get frustrated and go back to one of the auto settings

 Haha he's telling me to shot a basket. I was holding the ball and my camera and it wasn't allowed I guess
 Focus is off in this one but I love the pic!
And this is one of the neighbors three obnoxious dogs. It was too cute watching us through the fence so I had to catch it in a picture!

The rest of the night was supposed to be calm and we were going to attempt getting the boys to bed at a decent time but Jaxton had other plans. He fell in our bedroom and hit his nose on the frame of the bed (at least that's all I can figure out he hit) and was bleeding like crazy. We ended up taking him to ER because it looked like there was a hole and it was just gross looking. Luckily I was able to have Amber watch Bentley while we went.
There was a long wait before he was seen but since he is still young there is only cartilage and no bone yet so he didn't break his nose. They glued the cut shut instead of using stitches (thankfully for all involved). It was a hassle holding him down for the dr to do this and then we had to hold him again to put strips of bandage on it but overall it didn't take too long and he walked out ok. I was accused of being a 'mean mom' by Toad for taking pics during the ER trip but I don't care! They are only cell phone pics since I could have cared less about grabbing my camera during the chaos of getting him to ER so they aren't great but you get the idea!
This picture doesn't do justice on how bad it actually looked but it's the best I could get.
 Waiting for the dr and mad I was trying to take a picture of him
 All bandaged up and showing off the stickers the dr gave him:)
 Sound asleep after a long trip.
And now I am finally heading to bed. I am so off on my sleep schedule thanks to working so late most nights and so when I'm not at work I'm still up til 1am. Unfortunately I work a double tomorrow though so I should get to sleep soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment