Thursday, August 2, 2012

The Past Week....

Sorry it took so long to get here...I decided I better do my workout first so I didn't change my mind. I am on day 5 which is the longest I've ever kept with it (30 Day Shred). I feel so much better about myself by keeping it up with no excuses. Tonight I have a headache but I made myself push through and sure enough, I made it out alive. I am determined to finally get rid of some of this weight. Now if I could just kick my eating habits into a better place I might actually get somewhere faster. Oh well, one thing at a time:)

Since I've been so behind on blogging I'll start back with last Friday and our playdate! Two friends from high school were getting together and invited me along. Jenny lives in Missouri now so I figured it'd be fun to see her again and meet her kids and Maddison's kids too! The boys all enjoyed themselves. Jaxton took a while but fit right in with Maddison's boys, Bentley kind of strayed off by himself as usual, and Korbin loved Abigail! It was also nice to actually talk to a couple of moms my age with kids similar ages!
I wish we had gotten pictures of them right away, but I was slow getting the camera out. By now Korbin is like ok, you're not as entertaining as you were before, but Abigail was just warming up to him!

He grabbed her shirt and tried to eat it, so she is getting him back!

Love that crazy face!

Holding hands:)

Jax and the kids playing with an ant

Bentley cheesin
Fast forward through a pretty much uneventful week of work, fighting Bentley to sleep in his new toddler bed, not sleeping because Korbin is restless, and working out. Yesterday we took Jaxton to see his first movie at the theater. We told him if he had a good day the day before and slept in his room for two nights without coming into our room (he ALWAYS comes to our room in the middle of the night if he goes to sleep in his bed) that we would take him...he actually made it! I'm pretty sure he like the popcorn, M&M's, and pop, along with being alone with us, more than the movie itself. We had the theater to ourselves which was awesome for his first time. We went to Spiderman and he got bored until Spiderman actually was there (as he knew him) and then toward the last half hour got really bored and anxious to leave. He didn't do too bad for his first time though and if it had been a shorter movie or even a kid's movie (he's into superheroes though so that's why he wanted that movie), he may have been better.

This makes it look like daddy was stealing his popcorn lol
Since it has finally been under 100 degrees out we cleaned out the kids' play area outside again and this morning filled up the pool with clean water. They were supposed to be playing in the sandbox but when I turned away for a second because Korbin was flailing in my arms, Bentley jumped in the pool...fully clothed. Before I could even say anything Jaxton joined. So instead of fighting a battle that wasn't worth it, they played in the freezing water fully clothed for a while. 

While they took naps I did some running around. Sent in my wedding ring since the diamond wasn't centered and it was driving me crazy...so now I feel naked. I also went and talked to Rochelle Green about doing our Trash the Dress session later this month. I'm still surprised my husband is letting me do them AND is going to be in them with me:) I can't wait! For anyone who doesn't know, our 5 year anniversary is on the 18th and since I hadn't heard of trash the dress back then, I thought it would be a fun idea to dress up a little again and do them now!

As of today I now have a big 6 month old! He is up to 17lbs now but seems like he is bigger than that. He is still such a sweetie even though the poor guy has been teething hardcore only to still have no teeth:( It also means I have hit 6 months of breastfeeding which I am extremely proud of! When I started I never dreamed I'd make it this long but would love to make it to a year!

As usual I had to take pictures of my baby...for the first time in a few months the other two didn't care to come and have their pictures taken too. They kind of had attitudes today though so it didn't bother me at all.
Happy little man!

The tie was a little bigger than I thought but oh well:)

He wanted to eat it so bad! Don't worry Daddy was reaching to stop him as I snapped the picture so he didn't get it!
Now I'll post the next thing from the list and then I'm off to bed to hopefully sleep off this headache! 5. What are the 5 things that make you most happy right now?
1) My kids. Plain and simple. They are my world.
2) My husband. Yes we have our days...but I still love him to death and really hope that nothing ever comes between us.
3) The fact that I'm finally going back to school and know what I want to do
4) Taking pictures...lots of them:)
5) The fact that for the first time in a long time I have made it so that I am comfortable with myself. I tend to be somewhat negative and I have made it so that although there are things I don't like about myself, I know what to do to change them and I am working toward that. Other things I have learned I just have to deal with and keep smiling.

1. List 20 random facts about yourself.
2. Describe 3 legitimate fears you have and explain how they became fears.
3. Describe your relationship with your parents.4. List 10 things you would tell your 16 year-old self, if you could.5. What are the 5 things that make you most happy right now?6. What is the hardest thing you have ever experienced?7. What is your dream job, and why?8. What are 5 passions you have?9. List 10 people who have influenced you and describe how.10. Describe your most embarrasing moment.11. Describe 10 pet peeves you have.12. Describe a typical day in your current life.13. Describe 5 weaknesses you have.14. Describe 5 strengths you have.15. If you were an animal, what would you be and why?16. What are your 5 greatest accomplishments?17. What is the thing you most wish you were great at?18. What has been the most difficult thing you have had to forgive?19. If you could live anywhere, where would it be and why?20. Describe 3 significant memories from your childhood.21. If you could have one superpower, what would it be and what would you do with it first?22. Where do you see yourself in 5 years? 10 years? 15 years?23. List your top 5 hobbies and why you love them.24. Describe your family dynamic of your childhood vs. your family dynamic now.25. If you could have dinner with anyone in history, who would it be and what would you eat?26. What popular notion do you think the world has most wrong?27. What is your favorite part of your body and why?28. What is your love language?29. What do you think people misundertand most about you?30. List 10 things you would hope to be remembered for.  

No comments:

Post a Comment