Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Korbin's Late Appt and a Walk in the Park

Yesterday I had Korbin's 6 month appointment. They are way behind because of a past appt being postponed so now the shots can't be too close together. He is up to 17lbs 13 oz, which is in the 46th percentile. With height he is up to 26 5/8 inches which was in the 33rd percentile. He is perfectly healthy still:) Poor guy got 2 shots but he took it pretty well.
Sticking that tongue out at me

Chewing his fingers while waiting...and waiting...

My big boy!
Tonight my sister decided we had to go for a walk with the kids. They were testing again today but I went just so they would hopefully go to bed easier! I normally take the stroller and Bentley sits while Jaxton runs and eventually takes a break and sits too. Well, tonight I pushed an empty stroller the whole time (Korbin was on me). Bentley actually ran the whole way...not that he kept up with the other two by any means but for being the first time he walked/ran himself he did good! It was a good walk and we even got to see a few deer on the way back which the boys loved.
They started out together

Break for a moment halfway through

Korbin sleeping lol

Almost done!

One of the three deer we saw

I have a double stroller yet Sam got to carry Bentley by the street and make sure the other two stayed close
And I'll end tonight with the list. I have to get up and work tomorrow so better head upstairs shortly! This one is going to be hard. I usually look ahead of time to start thinking about it but forgot last time and now I'm probably going to get stuck.
9. List 10 people who have influenced you and describe how (these are in no particular order!)

  1. My mom. Obviously all parents influence your life in some way but I'm glad to be able to have a good relationship with my mom and know I am able to talk to her about anything. I hope that I am able to have a close relationship with my boys when they get older and that they will always feel like home is home to them like I do with my original home.
  2. My husband. He has pushed me to better myself in so many ways. I can't imagine how different my life would be if he wasn't a part of it.
  3. My kids. They are a major influence on how I live daily. I want to be successful for them. I want for them to be able to look at me and be proud that I am their mom when they are old enough to understand such things.
  4. My second grade teacher. It may sound funny but it was from her that I think I really learned that even though I may fail at something, as long as I do my best it doesn't make me a failure. She was always smiling and encouraging me to do my best. I can still say that she was probably my favorite teacher ever.
  5. My February mamas. It may sound funny that but a group of online friends have had a great influence on my life over the past year. I feel closer to many of them than I do several friends I know face to face. They are always there to lift my spirits when I'm down, help me out when I have questions on something baby related (especially breastfeeding), and are just overall an amazing group of girls.
  6. Rachel. We have been friends for years and been through plenty of ups and downs but in the end we know that we are both there for each other. Even though we don't get to spend a lot of time together now we talk often enough that it's like we do still hang out and when we are together we just pick right back up.
  7. My sister. Of course she has influenced my life since I've known her the majority of it. We have gone here and there where we have drifted apart for a bit but always pick right back up and are usually closer because of it. I know she's always there for me if I need her.
  8. My OB nurse. By always being honest and in a good mood, I was able to always feel as comfortable during pregnancy as possible and this led me to want to help others in the same way. 
  9. My husband's grandma. She took us in and acted like it wasn't a pain at all when we needed the help. She treats me like I've always been her grandchild and I feel like I've known her all my life sometimes. 
  10. I'm going to cheat in a way with this one and say that everyone I've met has in some way influenced my life, whether it be good or bad. Some people have taught me unintentionally how I don't want to live my life, while others have had a more positive influence. People come and go but I truly believe that everyone who enters your life is there for a reason, even if you don't know what it is at the time.



1. List 20 random facts about yourself.
2. Describe 3 legitimate fears you have and explain how they became fears.
3. Describe your relationship with your parents.
4. List 10 things you would tell your 16 year-old self, if you could.
5. What are the 5 things that make you most happy right now?
6. What is the hardest thing you have ever experienced?
7. What is your dream job, and why?
8. What are 5 passions you have?
9. List 10 people who have influenced you and describe how.
10. Describe your most embarrasing moment.
11. Describe 10 pet peeves you have.
12. Describe a typical day in your current life.
13. Describe 5 weaknesses you have.
14. Describe 5 strengths you have.
15. If you were an animal, what would you be and why?
16. What are your 5 greatest accomplishments?
17. What is the thing you most wish you were great at?
18. What has been the most difficult thing you have had to forgive?
19. If you could live anywhere, where would it be and why?
20. Describe 3 significant memories from your childhood.
21. If you could have one superpower, what would it be and what would you do with it first?
22. Where do you see yourself in 5 years? 10 years? 15 years?
23. List your top 5 hobbies and why you love them.
24. Describe your family dynamic of your childhood vs. your family dynamic now.
25. If you could have dinner with anyone in history, who would it be and what would you eat?
26. What popular notion do you think the world has most wrong?
27. What is your favorite part of your body and why?
28. What is your love language?
29. What do you think people misundertand most about you?
30. List 10 things you would hope to be remembered for. 


No comments:

Post a Comment