Friday, March 30, 2012

25 Things That Make Me Happy

This is one of the things on my Day Zero Project that I always think about doing but just haven't gotten around to...so I decided to just do it:)

  1. Listening to my boys playing and giggling together. Hearing them laugh and watching them play alone is cute too but this morning they were getting along so well and laughing at eachother and it made me smile.
  2. Snuggling with Korbin. I love to snuggle and since my husband works overnights and doesn't like to snuggle anyway I love having a baby to sleep with at night. It is so sweet how he just curls right up next to me or on me and knows if I leave his side!
  3. Spending time with my husband. We don't get to do it kid-free very often but when we do get the chance to and we actually have a good time it's really nice. I miss getting more alone time with him once in a while.
  4. Getting a new tattoo. For some reasons tattoos really make me happy. It is one of those stress relievers I really can't explain. I've been in a weird mood lately so I'm hoping a new tattoo will bring me back up a little!
  5. Scrapbooking. I love when I actually have time to scrapbook. It is especially fun to look through the boys' old scrapbooks and see how much they've grown. I don't care if they enjoy them when they get older or not because I really like making them anyway!
  6. Having a good chat with a friend. Since I don't get out a whole lot usually this takes place online or through text, but it's still nice. It makes me realize how much I miss some of my friends who don't live here though.
  7. Going for walks with the kids. I love every part of this. The fresh air, the questions Jaxton asks the whole way, Bentley talking back to Jaxton sometimes, the exercise, and really just being outside.
  8. Getting a full night of sleep. Now here's one I haven't had in a long time, but I'm ok with that. However, when it actually does happen it is so refreshing! I'm sure I still have a little while before I get one but since I get my snuggles instead it's a good compromise:)
  9. Sweatshirt weather. I love it when it's cool enough out to wear hoodies. They are so comfortable and I think perfect weather is when it's cooler anyway.
  10. Mint oreo blizzards from Dairy Queeen. I'm obsessed. Not much else needs to be said here!
  11. Breastfeeding. I never did this with the older boys, so I never knew what I was missing but I am so glad I am doing it this time around. The bonding time and the little smiles I get while he is eating are the sweetest thing ever.
  12. Doing something nice for someone. By this I mean without asking for anything in return also. It always is just a good feeling to know you can make someone else's day by doing something small.
  13. Getting my hair done. I love getting my hair colored, probably too much sometimes. It just makes me feel like I look better, which in turn makes me feel better about myself.
  14. Taking pictures. Anyone who knows me should know I do plenty of this. I just love being able to capture those sweet moments on camera since nothing lasts forever!
  15. Clothes shopping (when things fit). I'm not usually one to buy much for myself but when I do want some new clothes it's such a good feeling when something I like actually fits nice too!
  16. Being pregnant. Call me crazy but it is such an amazing thing to know there is another life growing inside of you. Even with the complications I've had the last couple of times, I try to enjoy as much of it as I can!
  17. Thunderstorms. A good thunderstorm is always relaxing. I can just sit and watch it rain and lightening for hours.
  18. Taco Tico. I love eating so why not add in my favorite place to eat. I'm a picky eater but their sanchos, tacos, crustos, and fountain Dr Pepper will bring up my mood any day!
  19. Long, hot, uninterrupted showers. The uninterrupted part is probably the hardest to get to but they are amazing when they do happen. Even when someone is watching the kids I can usually hear one crying or yelling so I feel the need to hurry.
  20. Reading a good book. I haven't had the chance to read much lately but I love getting into a good book, especially a series! Reading on the porch during a thunderstorm is probably the best thing ever.
  21. New shoes. For some reason I have a new obsession with buying new shoes. I want tons of different kinds I've never cared for before, even though I have absolutely nothing to wear with them! Guess I should try fitting into more of my clothes soon:)
  22. Spoiling my kids. They have way more toys than they ever play with and don't even notice if we take some away, yet I am always buying them something new. Also for spoiling them with attention...the older two love being tickled and thrown around!
  23. Hearing a random compliment. I am not always good with taking compliments but it is always nice to hear one. I am my biggest critic so hearing that I am doing looks good or even something about me in general helps me feel a little better about things.
  24. Getting mail from someone. Email just isn't the same. I love getting even Christmas cards or something just because it isn't just bills coming in! Written letters are the most fun though, even though it's hard to find the time to sit and write them anymore.
  25. Being a mother. This is probably the most important one to me. Yes, there are days where I wonder what I got myself into, but every second is worth it. Having children is the most amazing thing ever and hearing them say "I love you" to me, randomly come give me a kiss, smile at me, or whatever sweet things they come up with, make every problem I have completely wash away for the time being<3

No comments:

Post a Comment