Monday, March 26, 2012

50 Questions That Can Help Free Your Mind

Saw this on a friend's blog and decided it sounded interesting so here goes...
These questions have no right or wrong answers.

Because sometimes asking the right questions is the answer.

1. How old would you be if you didn’t know how old you are? Around the same age I actually am. I think my age fits me, although all I seem to hear from others is I don't look old enough to have 3 kids...

2. Which is worse, failing or never trying? Definitely never trying. If you fail, you can at least learn from your mistakes. If you never try there is usually regret.

3. If life is so short, why do we do so many things we don’t like and like so many things we don’t do? Sometimes we really don't have a choice or the things we would like to do aren't always in the cards.

4. When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done? I'm sure. I tend to talk a lot and have big hopes/dreams sometimes. I'd love to do a good majority that I've talked about doing though.

5. What is the one thing you would most like to change about the world? For nobody to judge others. This would most likely prevent wars also...so many people are quick to judge others without ever getting to know the slightest bit about them.

6. If happiness was the national currency, what kind of work would make you rich? Probably just staying with my kids most of the time like I do now:) I have been given the option not to work and my husband would actually prefer me not to but I chose to stay working for now just to have a little more adult interaction (and spending money)

7. Are you doing what you believe in, or are you settling for what you are doing?  In most cases I think I'd go with doing what I believe in.

8. If the average human life span was 40 years, how would you live your life differently?I would spend as much time as possible with my children before I left them and make sure they know how much I truly love them.

9. To what degree have you actually controlled the course your life has taken? Everyone controls the course their life takes. Yes, others may influence that to a point, but you always have a say.

10. Are you more worried about doing things right, or doing the right things? I am a perfectionist with a lot of things so this is almost a trick question for me. I'll have to choose doing the right things though (and then doing them right lol)

11. You are having lunch with three people you respect and admire. They all start criticizing a close friend of yours, not knowing she is your friend. The criticism is distasteful and unjustified. What do you do? Tell them that they do not know the person like they think they do and maybe they shouldn't be so quick to judge unless they've walked a mile in her shoes.

12. If you could offer a newborn child only one piece of advice, what would it be? Live every day like it's your last.

13. Would you break the law to save a loved one? In a heartbeat

14. Have you ever seen insanity where you later saw creativity? Oh yes! Especially in photography:)

15. What is something you know you do differently than most people? Totally random but apparently I hold my pen differently than most "normal" people.

16. How come the things that make you happy don’t make everyone happy? Happiness is in the eye of the beholder. Of course little things like seeing my baby smile or cuddling with my kids isn't going to make others happy...especially if the person doesn't care for children or something.

17. What is one thing have you not done that you really want to do? What’s holding you back? Get into photography more again. What is holding me back? I am a perfectionist and am never 100% happy with the outcome of my pictures. I just got the go ahead to sign up for a photography course in the fall though and I am trying to learn more about my camera as well as learn from my flaws so I can be happier with the pictures overall.

18. Are you holding onto something you need to let go of?  Off the top of my head...no

19. If you had to move to a state or country besides the one you currently live in, where would you move and why? Oh jeez...just tried this a year ago and it didn't work out so this is tough. If I had to pick a state I right now I guess I'd say Mississippi because my long lost sister (figuratively speaking) lives there and I'd love for our kids to play together more often!!

20. Do you push the elevator button more than once? Do you really believe it makes the elevator faster? No, it actually drives me crazy when people do that

21. Would you rather be a worried genius or a joyful simpleton? Joyful simpleton.

22. Why are you, you? Because God made me this way

23. Have you been the kind of friend you want as a friend? I'd like to think so, although I know I don't keep in touch with all of the friends I'd like to as often as I'd like to...

24. Which is worse, when a good friend moves away, or losing touch with a good friend who lives right near you? Definitely losing touch with a good friend who lives right near you. I've had both happen and actually both with the same friend but I'm happy to say she lives further away now but is a good friend:)

25. What are you most grateful for? My family

26. Would you rather lose all of your old memories, or never be able to make new ones? Never be able to make new ones.

27. Is is possible to know the truth without challenging it first? Yes.

28. Has your greatest fear ever come true? To an extent yes...my greatest fear would be for something to happen to one of my children. I lost one before getting to meet him/her a couple of years ago.

29. Do you remember that time 5 years ago when you were extremely upset? Does it really matter now? I get upset so easily that I couldn't even tell you what I would have been upset about last week let alone 5 years ago!

30. What is your happiest childhood memory? What makes it so special? This one is hard...I'm going to say going to my grandparent's house in the summer with my cousin. We all took turns every year for a week at a time. It was special because it was back when the littlest things still made me extremely happy and we both were always spoiled when we were there. Also my grandpa has since passed away and now my grandmother is seen as the crazy one in the family and tends to get on everyone's nerves easily so I'm not close to her anymore. Yes I know that sounds like I am judging her, which I have complained about, but there actually is a lot to the story I'm not getting into.

31. At what time in your recent past have you felt most passionate and alive? In the recent past I'd have to say giving birth to Korbin<3

32. If not now, then when? see above...I'm getting tired so it wouldn't be now

33. If you haven’t achieved it yet, what do you have to lose? Nothing?

34. Have you ever been with someone, said nothing, and walked away feeling like you just had the best conversation ever? Those are some of the most amazing moments:)

35. Why do religions that support love cause so many wars? Because they all believe in other things as well, which they disagree on apparently.

36. Is it possible to know, without a doubt, what is good and what is evil? No, something bad can happen with everything "good" and visa versa.

37. If you just won a million dollars, would you quit your job? Only if it meant we moved elsewhere, but I would still work in some way (hopefully photography)

38. Would you rather have less work to do, or more work you actually enjoy doing? More work I enjoy doing...I like staying busy

39. Do you feel like you’ve lived this day a hundred times before? Nope...no day is ever the same with kids around!

40. When was the last time you marched into the dark with only the soft glow of an idea you strongly believed in? Not sure on this one...

41. If you knew that everyone you know was going to die tomorrow, who would you visit today? My mom, even though I see her all of the time

42. Would you be willing to reduce your life expectancy by 10 years to become extremely attractive or famous? Nope. Don't care to be either one 

43. What is the difference between being alive and truly living? There doesn't have to be a difference.

44. When is it time to stop calculating risk and rewards, and just go ahead and do what you know is right? Depends on the situation at hand. If you know it's right and there is little risk than there is no reason not to go ahead with it.

45. If we learn from our mistakes, why are we always so afraid to make a mistake? To me, because I don't like hurting others and if someone were hurt in any way from my mistake it would bother me.

46. What would you do differently if you knew nobody would judge you? Honestly, I stopped caring so much about people judging me a while ago. If someone doesn't like me because they're judging me than that is their problem and not mine:) So nothing.

47. When was the last time you noticed the sound of your own breathing? I do most nights when I'm laying with Korbin and listen to his breathing with my own

48. What do you love? Have any of your recent actions openly expressed this love? My family and I would think so considering I tell them I love them every day.

49. In 5 years from now, will you remember what you did yesterday? What about the day before that? Or the day before that? Nope. My memory is horrible. If I would remember something from one of those days I definitely wouldn't associate a date with it!

50. Decisions are being made right now. The question is: Are you making them for yourself, or are you letting others make them for you? Depends on the decision but for most I make them myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment